INDUSTRY INSTITUTE PARTNERSHIP CELL (IIPC) provides a focal point for better interaction between the academia and industry for enhancing relationship between the institute and industries, thereby increasing the opportunities for the students for internships, live projects and to acquaint the students beforehand with the demands of the corporate atmosphere.
This cell identifies the industrial expectation and promotes institutional preparation for meeting industrial needs by facilitating sponsored R&D projects, seminars, workshops and various other industrial training programmes. Establishing such IIPC's in institution makes an effective contribution to educational system rather than criticizing shortcomings which are expected by the industry. Industry Institute partnerships reflects in equipping faculty to latest practices and makes the students industry-ready by providing exposure to current industry practices, and hone their skills to adapt changing technologies. The primary focus of IIPC is to interact with elite industries in and around Coimbatore, and extend the efforts in establishing partnership with industries across the country in near future.
The purpose of professional and higher education is to enable the students to acquire the necessary skills for observing the concepts taught in the classroom by solving projects in industries. Thus, any reputed Institution cannot ignore a close and continuous interaction with industries. The Industry-Institute partnership cell (IIPC) established by Pharmacy is oriented towards achieving the following objectives:
• Up gradation of knowledge of faculty by identifying suitable industries for faculty vs expert interaction.
• To enable the students, acquire the necessary skills for observing the concepts taught in the classroom by solving projects in industries.
• To take up consultancy work in the nature of diagnosis and solving them using the expertise of the faculty and students.
• To assist industry in the area of pharmaceutical products and per the standards.
• To encourage the students to visit a wide range of industries and exhibitions to keep them abreast of the scenario prevailing in their field of study. Thus, the students undergoing the co-curricular training program get multi-faceted exposure to their respective discipline.
The educational reform of linking education with industry is one of the important educational innovations emerging in this country. Interaction between institute and industry is now widely recognized as an essential requirement to train and develop the right kind of manpower necessary to sustain and promote industrial and economic growth. Hence, SNS College has decided to establish a cell “Industry Institute of Partnership Cell" (IIPC) under the leadership of an expert, who has rich experience and exposure in both industry and academic.