B.Sc Dialysis Technology or Bachelor of Science Dialysis Technology course is discipline to offer eligible candidates a specialization in a wide range of application and technologies involved in the process of dialysis. During the course, candidates are educated about various aspects and equipment used in dialysis treatment and is trained to perform various roles from equipment repair and maintenance of dialyzer reprocessing, vascular access monitoring, haemo-dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, slow low efficiency dialysis and continuous Renal Replacement Therapy, plasmapheresis and wholesome renal care for patients with chronic kidney disease.
It is a 4-year ( 3 years and 1 year internship) full-time undergraduate degree course.
The eligibility for this course is the 12th or equivalent examination in the Science stream with a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
• Sets up and operates hemodialysis machine
• Mixes dialysate, according to formula.
• Takes and records patient's predialysis weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration rate.
• Connects hemodialysis machine to access in patient's forearm or catheter site to start blood circulating through dialyzer.
• Monitors patient for adverse reaction and hemodialysis machine for malfunction.